Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Origin of title

Story of my life - I have no real ambition, I have no real talents, I have no stick-to-it've-ness. I'm one big ball of ADD. That's me. So, when I started this back in 12/09 it was b/c I thought surely I can make a small goal a day and stick to it....it lasted the day it was conceived!!

Yesterday I had an epiphany. You see, I left the house in a big hurry. I grabbed the only dress in the closet that didn't need ironing, dressed and ran out the door - once I got to the office I realized I had a weekend's worth of stubble in eyesight since I'd spent most of the weekend at the hospital with my dad (who is doing fine as we speak). I let myself off the hook thinking, "c'mon who'll be looking at MY legs - do I even look at anyone's legs anymore?". So, the epiphany came after the incident at Target. I had to run in and just grab a couple of items, I'm at the register paying and behind me, unbeknownst to me, something had spilled on the floor right at my feet. Before I knew it I've got two really hunky twenty-somethings on their knees right at my feet with towels. They were right there, man. No escaping it - stubble in the face. As I'm leaving, shaking my head I thought about venting to someone but thought who'd believe it and really who would care? That's when it hit me - if all these incidents that happened to me on a daily basis were accumulated - they'd amount to a hilarious comic strip. I mean just a couple days earlier I had a male dressing room attendant open the door on me bare chested in front of the world just seconds after he'd let me in - that stuff doesn't happen to anyone but ME!!! And on top of that I'd get a chance to vent and get it off my chest - maybe it'll be therapeutic in a way. So, there's the first post of the new blog - hope it makes someone feel better about themselves or at the very least maybe doing this will make me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment