Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hello again, hello

It's been a while since I last posted - I can't believe how time flies these days. Well, I've had a lot of "Leigh-isms" happen since I last posted. We finally sold our home but of course not without a little bit of drama. It was supposed to happen on the 27th but ended up happening on the 2nd, which wouldn't be such a big deal but I'd asked to have the 1st of because they said it was definitely happening that day and we drove all the way to Tyler (4 hours) and we weren't able to close. Then, the kid buying the house accused us of removing items from the property that were never there to begin with - the realtors had to pull out old pictures and take him out there to show him what he was describing never existed. By that time we were back in Houston feeling helpless. Once we got word he signed and the loan funded, we called to get the utilities turned off and TXU then tells us that they cannot get the electricity out of our name until the 7th - so, basically, we get to pay for 5 days of electricity we can't even control - seriously, does this stuff happen to anyone else? I don't even know if the water got turned off - they said I had to write an email giving them the acct# and date for it to be discontinued - I haven't even followed up - I'm sure I'm still paying for the kid's water. I shouldn't complain - at least we sold the house, in this market that's a blessing. I just never even thought any of this could happen - why wouldn't they be able to turn off power for 5 days - I bet if I didn't pay my bills they'd have it off within the hour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment